Plano or no Plane

Let others out there hear your view on new and old kit.Give advice on tuning, arrows, archery, and other kit.............

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, Ranger, jcdup, James

Plano or no Plane

Postby Mujahid » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 am

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has travelled with their hard-case (please state brand) and had any incidents/ damages.
I recently purchased an X-Force bow-case over a Plano because it looked far more sturdier and was more compact.
On a recent trip (Cathay Pacific - will never travel with them again) I loaded the case in the "Fragile" area with 400 stickers indicating that the item was fragile. Get to my destination and find that the internal locating pins on the case were broken. Some serious force (thrown with intent) would have caused this internal damage.
So I am thinking of getting another case....has anybody had similar experiences with other hard-cases.
Any recommendations....on a case or Airline that you where happy with?

Many thanks guys.
Again, excellent forum.
Mujahid
Private
Private

Re: Plano or no Plane

Postby 404JEFFERY » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Mudjahid,

I only use Alpine gun cases when I travel or fly. They do make bow cases as well. Alpine is expensive but I mean the equipment it must protect is even far more expensive. www.alpinecases.co.za It is by far the best cases on the market today and will last a life-time.
404JEFFERY
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Plano or no Plane

Postby Big D » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Mujahid wrote:Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has travelled with their hard-case (please state brand) and had any incidents/ damages.
I recently purchased an X-Force bow-case over a Plano because it looked far more sturdier and was more compact.
On a recent trip (Cathay Pacific - will never travel with them again) I loaded the case in the "Fragile" area with 400 stickers indicating that the item was fragile. Get to my destination and find that the internal locating pins on the case were broken. Some serious force (thrown with intent) would have caused this internal damage.
So I am thinking of getting another case....has anybody had similar experiences with other hard-cases.
Any recommendations....on a case or Airline that you where happy with?

Many thanks guys.
Again, excellent forum.

if you are keen i have a Vanguard SKB case for sale. it practically brand new, for R2 500.00. New they asre around R3 500.00. Let me know if you are keen, then ill send you some pics of the unit!

http://www.bowsports.com/acatalog/Vangu ... ouble.html
"Calm your heart, slow your breathing and deal with what is in front of you"
Big D
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Return to Equipment Reviews