crissbow cheetah's wanted

Discuss everything related to crossbows in general.....

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, jcdup, James

crissbow cheetah's wanted

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi Guy's,im looking for crissbow cheetah's to restore,no worries if the cables are missing as i make my own,any one with any to sell for a resonable price can pm me.Since im not going to get permission to allow bow fishing on my trout,ive decided to start something for my son and a few of the youngsters up here.I bought 2 Buffalo River 150lbs from the AFGRI,but i dont think they are going to last and the safety is very unsafe
maximus
Private
Private

Postby 404JEFFERY » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Maximus,i have a crissbow,not sure what model.I will have a look and let you know.Maybe a swop.... a crosbow for a trout.....?
404JEFFERY
Private First Class
Private First Class

crissbow cheetah;s wanted

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:42 am

sure,i can go for a days fishing deal if it makes you happy.Either of the 2 recurve or the cam models will do,thanks for the reply
maximus
Private
Private

Postby wildeboer » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi Maximus,
Can you make the steel cables too for the Quattro range, I have been struggling to get hold of some members who says they have and then never come back.
Its a steel cable onto which the fibre string attaches, please say yes??
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Re: crissbow cheetah's wanted

Postby Chaser » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:12 pm

maximus wrote:Hi Guy's,im looking for crissbow cheetah's to restore,no worries if the cables are missing as i make my own,any one with any to sell for a resonable price can pm me.Since im not going to get permission to allow bow fishing on my trout,ive decided to start something for my son and a few of the youngsters up here.I bought 2 Buffalo River 150lbs from the AFGRI,but i dont think they are going to last and the safety is very unsafe

where and when and for how much can we come and flyfish? please email me your details with pricing :wink:
Bear Carnage black 70# 29''
125gn Rage 2\ Montec 125gn\scorpion 125gn\ Crimson Tusker 4 Blade 125gn
SABA, Oosrand Boog belange groep, NASP
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby maximus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:23 pm

If you want a steel replacement try Magnum Archery or Sharp Edge.A few years ago,i made up a replacement cable out of 120lbs Suffex braided fshing line,18 strands and complete length serving.Ishot off about 50 bolts with no problems,then sold the bow,could kick my ass for that.Once i get hold of another quadro ill take a closer look at the cable and let you know
maximus
Private
Private

Postby maximus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:11 am

Wildeboer,the steel cable can be replaced with a custom made fiber one.The steel was old technology available in the day,the braided cord that i use for my cables,strings and servings are strong and very abrasion resistant.18 strand cable will give you the equivalent of 1000kg breaking strain,possibly more,and does not suffer the flexing fatigue that causes the steel cables to break.
I have made a number of strings and cables on both compound bows and a few crossbows and so far had no failures,the last being complete cables and string for my son's hoyt rintec and 2 for the Buffalo River recurve crossbows,one has shot off more than 500 bolts,with only 3mm stretch in the first few shots as it first settled down and some minor wear on the serving as it rubs on the bolt guide(i keep it lubricated with waxol).
Its not hard to make your own cables,just very time consuming,but very rewarding shooting with something you know you made work.404jeffery says he has a quadro for me,as soon as i can get it ill have a sample cable to work on and ill let you know
maximus
Private
Private

Postby wildeboer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 am

Maximus, I would really appreciate it.
I had a Eastman X-Force mod 500 crossbow which also had a full fibre string and it worked perfectly. I will defenitely order a new "cable" and string when you make them.
Hope to hear shortly from you :D
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:16 pm

wildeboer,i bought a quadro 2000 from a guy on junkmail,fair condition,i can make you a new fiber cable for R350,do you have the aluminum bobbins that join the cable to the string?Im looking for the front hand grip for this one,anyone know of one lying around?Anyone know of more for sale?any condition for a fair price
maximus
Private
Private

Postby wildeboer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:59 pm

maximus wrote:wildeboer,i bought a quadro 2000 from a guy on junkmail,fair condition,i can make you a new fiber cable for R350,do you have the aluminum bobbins that join the cable to the string?Im looking for the front hand grip for this one,anyone know of one lying around?Anyone know of more for sale?any condition for a fair price

PM sent
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby maximus » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Many thanks to 404JEFFERY for his donation of a quadro.Wildeboer i havent forgoten about your cables,i will be getting started with them soon,had to order material from the states
maximus
Private
Private

Postby wildeboer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks Maximus, hope to hear from you soon.
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby wildeboer » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Any feedback or progress on the cables yet Maximus?
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby wildeboer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:32 am

Bump for Maximus, still waiting for feedback please!
Boogloos. . .
wildeboer
Corporal
Corporal

Return to General Crossbow discussion