First Season Hunt - Vision 175

Discuss everything related to crossbows in general.....

Moderators: Jakkas, Guardian, hawkster, Gerhard, jcdup, James

First Season Hunt - Vision 175

Postby Gnu » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:13 pm

After 3monts of agony endless restless and sleepless nights I had the opportunity to test my new Vision 175 Crossbow.
Well for those of you that’s not familiar with this new design of the Vision it’s something to get use to. With its strange looking but compact limb design I was sceptical at first. I use to hunt with a 70 lbs compound bow and after 11 years I decided to try out this new thing called crossbow hunting.
I arrive on the farm around 18h45 and by 19h10 I was standing next to my 54” Kudu Bull harvest with my Vision.
This bow is deadly, I use 20” game getter ali shaft (350g) with a 100g 3 blade piston design meat seeker mech. Broad head. I had a clear shot and I recover the bolt 20 m from where the kudu took off after the shot and recover the kudu after 30 m. The blood trail was so clear a blind man would’ve recover this kudu just from the smell of all the blood on the grass.
Well bottom line; this is an awesome bow, even better setup with a broadhead that will cut a hole thru almost anything.
Sorry no pics forgot camera in rush when a spotted the kudu.
Gnu
Private
Private

Re: First Season Hunt - Vision 175

Postby Shaka » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:23 am

Well done!!

Gnu wrote:Sorry no pics forgot camera in rush when a spotted the kudu.

This is an unforgettable sin!! A 54" bull and NO photos?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is just not right!! You are very lucky and make us unlucky ones GREEN!!
Genesis 27:3 "Vat nou jou skietgoed, jou pyl en boog, en gaan veld toe en skiet vir my 'n stukkie wild."
Bowtech Destroyer 340
125gr ST's
Shaka
Captain
Captain

Postby Gnu » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Luck you telling me. The worst thing of it all was when. I saw the bull the first time I did not had my bow with me. He was standing next to the road. Looking me straight in the eyes at about 10m. My bow was at the camp so everything went into over drive. My poor wife had to hang on as with eyes as big as plates.

When I return it had left and all I could see was the glimpse of the tips in an opening. I establish the direction the bull was walking and run like crazy to get ahead of him and to set the ambush up and the rest is history.

Any body hunted at Rugania before? I want to go there month end.
Gnu
Private
Private

Return to General Crossbow discussion