game finder cam

Have anything you made yourself that is archery related? This is the place to show and tell...

Moderators: Guardian, hawkster

Postby thenum11 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Gert... that sound amazing. I can totally relate as after a weekend in a hind you’ve stood up so many times it feels as if you’ve run a half marathon.
Here’s an idea I’ve been playing with but due to my lack of knowledge with electronics I don’t know how to take it further.

Scenario:
You wake up at 4:30am after sitting around the campfire till 1am, the PH take you to the hide a you all excited watching the sun rise and the bush around you come alive. After about 3 or 4 hours nothing has come to your hide and its starting to warm up. You getting really tired and find yourself dosing off for a minute at a time, waking up each time quickly looking out the shooting window to see if by some chance something came in while you were asleep. The next time you dos off its for 35 minutes and when you wake up how do you know if that big 58’ Kudu bull was outside your hide during your nap.

If you had a wireless passive (like the ones you get for home security) that you could just clip or hang outside the shooting window. This passive would transmit a signal to a small device that could vibrate and be kept in your pocket. This way you could be alerted should that huge trophy Kudu come to your hide while you dosed off.

I know I've sat in a hide with no activity all day but fell asleep for a bit and wandered did something come past while I was asleep.

Roland
Phil 4:15 “I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me”
thenum11
Private
Private

Postby Chaser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm

That can be done....should not be a problem to do..i will look around a bit and see what would be the cheapest and best way to do something like that...i have ben working on a perimeter alarm system that warns you for when hunting bushpigs at night..it tells you wich side the movement was detected and how far from your position..
Bear Carnage black 70# 29''
125gn Rage 2\ Montec 125gn\scorpion 125gn\ Crimson Tusker 4 Blade 125gn
SABA, Oosrand Boog belange groep, NASP
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby RyanG » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 pm

With all these gadgets etc, would it just be easier to go to the local butcher and buy your meat.

Sounds like your guys want your bread not only buttered both sides but with bacon and cheese with a side order of some fries please.
RyanG
Private
Private

Postby Chaser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

its not about that....we can increase our succes ratio without interfering in the bush ....you buy technologically advanced bows and arrows dont you...and every year the become more advanced and we buy them ...we only persue these things for one reason...because we can

think about it if i could have a slice of bread with 4 sides...why should i settle for anything less?
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby RyanG » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 am

But the animals stay the same; they don’t get more advanced ear or sight gadgets. I haven’t bought a bow yet but am looking at recurve bows as I was under the impression bow hunting is all about evening the odds out. Recurve looks extremely difficult especially walk and stalking with one.

There is a difference with going with the technology changes regarding your direct equipment and making gadgets just to simplify your hunting or to increase your success rate.

Next on the menu, when arriving at the hunting farm the PH asks you what you want to shoot, kudu for example, he hands you the tracking monitor that has all the kudu signals on it. That is advanced technology, but is it hunting?

Sorry if my statement offended you but the question is, how far are we willing to go and do we then still classify it as hunting?

Will you sit and hunt in a hide where the PH installed a DSTV with earphones so that you can still watch the Sharks win the cup? And if the kudu trips one of your gadgets you can quickly get up and shoot him?
RyanG
Private
Private

Postby Chaser » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Hide hunting...is just that ...wait if the animal comes in you aim shoot and you are done...what we are trying to do is see what goes on around the hide where you are not able to see...the shot still ends up being your skill... no offence was taken...if you could gps track a wounded animal...dont you think the farmer would be able to be more comfortable with allowing w&s and so on...it is not about elimenating the challenge it is about what we can do..to make our options better...dstv in the hide with the sharks on? sounds good i am a sharks fan....dont get me wrong..we dont want to take the skill out of hunting...
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Chaser » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:17 am

amper klaar sal seker oor so n week kan prentjies post
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby killzone » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:19 am

Kwaai ;-)
PSE X-Force . Slicktricks. Bowhunter's C.O.P
killzone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Big D » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

killzone wrote:Kwaai ;-)

x2 ons wag in spanning!
"Calm your heart, slow your breathing and deal with what is in front of you"
Big D
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby da big t » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:52 am

and what happemed???? was it a success? :shock:
people aren't afraid of the dark but rather of what hides in it......

bowtech invasion CPX 83#
450 maxxis 450 gr
313fps
g5 strikers
da big t
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Chaser » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:57 am

nog nie kans gehad om te toets nie, maar dit gaan baie mooi werk, sal as ek kans kry n bietjie fotos opsit
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Sean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:46 am

Hi Chaser,

hou ons op hoogte met daai kamera dingetjie asb !

dis nou n moerse idee !

O, nog iets - n PH hoef nie n DSTV in n hide op te stel - kry vir jou n Drifta - portable DSTV - dan kyk jy sommer Super 14 ( nou Super 15 ) innie hide as jy will ! Ek hoor hy werk soos n bomb !

Ek het definitief nie n probleem met " nuwe magaftes " nie - die' goed maak ons lewe n bietjie makliker - maar vat nie die skill level weg nie.

ons weet mos - Jy kannie 'n wilde dier bedonder nie ! hulle bly nog slim !

Lekka jag julle !

Groete

Sean
Hoyt TurboHawk 70lb
HHA 5500 and Tropy Taker rest
28" Draw - 61lb KE
Easton Powerflight 340's with a little 100g Slick Trick on the business end
Private First Class

Postby Chaser » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:39 am

ja nee kyk , ek wil net die areas om die hide wat ek nie van binne die hide kan sien nie dophou.
Chaser
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Archery DIY